The importance of industrial lubricants
Industrial oils are vital to industry. They are used for various purposes such as lubrication, cooling, cleaning, and protection of machinery. Lubrication reduces friction and wear between moving parts, extending the life and performance of the equipment.
Cooling prevents overheating and damage caused by high temperatures, especially in engines and turbines. Cleaning removes dirt, dust, and other contaminants that can impair the function and efficiency of the machinery.
Protection prevents corrosion, rust, and oxidation that can degrade the quality and durability of the metal surfaces. Industrial oils are formulated with different additives and properties to suit different applications and conditions.
Soluble cutting oil
Soluble cutting oil is a type of cutting fluid that contains mineral oil and an emulsifier that is used for cooling and lubrication during metalworking operations such as drilling, milling, turning, etc.
It is also known as water-soluble oil or emulsifiable oil because it forms a milky emulsion when mixed
with water. Soluble cutting oil has several advantages over other types of cutting fluids, such as:
- Reducing friction and heat
- Preventing rust and corrosion
- Extending tool life
- Improving surface finish
Soluble cutting oil is manufactured by blending mineral oil with emulsifying agents and other additives. The emulsifying agents help to form a stable oil-in-water emulsion when mixed with water. The water content of the emulsion can be adjusted to suit different applications and conditions.
The additives can improve the performance of the cutting oil by enhancing its cooling, lubricating,
anti-corrosion and anti-bacterial properties. Soluble cutting oil is an economical and versatile option
for metalworking operations that require high cooling and flushing capabilities.
Quenching is one of the most common metal heat treatment processes that involves cooling metals rapidly to adjust the mechanical properties. Quenching is used to increase the hardness, strength and wear resistance of a metal by creating a martensitic microstructure.
Quenching requires specific mediums that can remove heat at the optimal rate for rapid cooling. Quenching oil has a high thermal conductivity and a low viscosity, which allows it to remove heat from the metal surface efficiently and evenly. It also prevents oxidation and cracking of the metal by forming a protective film on the surface.
The specific formula of quenching oil can vary depending on the manufacturer and the intended application. There are many different types of oil used in quenching, including fast and hot oils. Fast oils have a high cooling rate and are suitable for hardening high-carbon steels. Hot oils have a lower cooling rate and are suitable for hardening low-carbon steels and alloys.
Quenching oils are composed of base mineral or petroleum oils and often contain polar lubricants like fats, vegetable oils, and esters. They may also contain extreme pressure additives such as chlorine, sulfur, and phosphorus.
Quenching oils can vary in their cooling rates, viscosity, flash point, and stability, depending on their molecular composition and purity. Different types of quenching oils are suitable for different applications and metals, such as high-alloy steel, low-alloy steel, or carbon steel. Quenching oils should be selected carefully to avoid cracking, distortion, or surface defects in the quenched metal.
How to Pick the Best Industrial Lubricants Company in UAE
Choosing the best industrial lubricants company in UAE can be a challenging task, considering the number of options available in the market. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Check the reputation and experience of the company. A reliable company should have a good track record of providing high-quality products and services to its customers. You can look for online reviews, testimonials, certifications, and awards to verify the credibility of the company.
- Compare the prices and offers of different companies. You should look for a company that offers competitive prices and discounts for bulk orders. You should also check the delivery time, shipping costs, and warranty terms of the products. A good company should be able to provide fast and efficient delivery and after-sales service.
- Assess the variety and quality of the products. You should look for a company that offers a wide range of industrial lubricants that suit your specific needs and applications. You should also check the specifications, performance, and safety standards of the products. A good company should be able to provide you with technical support and guidance on choosing the best products for your machines and equipment.